The Gypsy In Her
Fire flashed inside her eyes
for the gypsy in her blood
came like a blazing torch
whenever she saw his form.
She tried blinking the fire away
but the fire became a storm.
The storm made her change her place
and still she saw his face.
She could not stay put anymore
and wait for her blood to cool.
So she left her golden earrings
and admonished her heart, 'Don't rule.'
He found them on his dresser
and held them in his hand.
He knew they were his gift from her
and now would have to withstand
loss of the one whose eyes flashed
when she was with him.
His blood ran cold for he knew inside
that he couldn't take the path she took.
For he loved staying in just one place
and was not restless like she.
The fire that burned inside her eyes
could never be doused by he.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Gypsy In Her by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hermit's Cat, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Dead than Alive, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gloomy Day, Ronald Chapman
- Giving Up On Life (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- My Last Silver Dime, Is It Poetry
- Giraffe (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- The Night Message, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- Friendship Can Grow No More (Secret Mess.., Ronald Chapman
- Friends, Ronald Chapman
- Friend Or A Lover?, Ronald Chapman