Edward Kofi Louis
Born in Jamaica but made in America,
Born in Germany but made in America,
Born in Senegal but made in America,
And like life in the land of snakes and lizards;
For there are rich churches all over the world!
But what are they preaching to their members?
The head of everyman is the Messiah!
And of the called out ones who are few in number;
But His voice will shake the earth an His words will touch many,
For the head of every woman is the man.
Born in Soweto but made in America,
For the woman is the expression of man's glory!
And the Head of the Messiah is father Yahweh,
But many will surely be taken from this muse.
A double-minded person is always unstable,
For his of her ways are always crooked!
But with all thses rich churches around us,
We still have many poor people around us who have not even eaten.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Head by Edward Kofi Louis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel
- Three Coins For Her Love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Unknown life's beauty, binod bastola
- A wilted story, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Gently Placing Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Predicting The Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The American Dream, Is It Poetry