The Hub Of Humanity
It is a place where plans are hatched,
Jokes are told and couples are matched.
It is a place to share your news,
Exchange a smile and discuss your views.
It is a place to share your ideas,
Give advice – have a coffee or beer.
It is a place to wine and dine,
Or sit outside if the weather is fine.
It is a place which draws folk together,
And gives them shelter whatever the weather.
It is a place to savour new tastes,
Meet with friends or greet a new face.
It is a place for conversations,
Bon voyages and celebrations.
It is the perfect place for a date,
And a great place to meet your mate.
It is a place to sit and think -
To ponder life and enjoy a drink.
It is a place with real humanity –
Life and laughter, with a dash of insanity.
A crucial linchpin - a real social hub.
A community hotspot, known as a pub.
So take your eyes off your iPhone screen,
And come down and join the social scene.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Hub Of Humanity by Angela Wybrow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Broken Dreams 'A Divorce Story', Craig Mize
- Ek se silsile hain sab hijr ki rut bata .., Pirzada Qasim
Poem of the Day
- Who Are You?, Electric Lady
- Aunt Sally, hafiz qasim
- Autonecropolis, Leslie Philibert
- '' There's No Substitution '', bri mar
- Pessimist Vs. Optimist, Sujay Asukar
- In And Out Of Existence, Margaret Alice Second
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeR.., sEaN nOrTh
- Pretty Eyes, Jack Abdallah
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE