M.D Dinesh Nair
The Irony Of Life and A Little More
A line of ants laden with foodstuff moves in
Another line of their brethren comes from the opposite direction
And the latter move sideways and give way to the former!
They have a small world of great deeds!
An old man struggles to stand in a crowded bus
And near him a youngster sits with a smile and looks through the panes
A civilization moves at a speed of its own
As age factor has no buyers over here.
The roasted meat of old and over worked cattle
Brutally slaughtered to death comes as dish every day on a table.
It is shared by the inmates of a home pious
Who shed tears before the image of a prince once nailed to death.
A river dreams to flow a little farther
As its shallow base gets dug up for its sandy treasure
Somewhere a street is abandoned for fear of men
And a crowded street looks for a side path somewhere.
A woman refuses to breast feed her new born, next sets it to slumber
And then prompts her man to absorb her for a wild hour.
A mother keeps her infant`s mouth onto her nipple that has no milk
And sighs and then pushes away her man quite for a while.
A small rodent struggles to hide in a hole
And the mouth of a snake goes in and tastes its prey,
A few men then come with sticks and batter it to death.
As the cycle has to reach its destined finish!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Irony Of Life and A Little More by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- आं बावबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Birch and Bracken, jim hogg
- History Echoed As A Verse, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Aku dan Februari, Afit Riawan
- Kisah Bunga, Afit Riawan
- You And You, V P Mahur
- आयै अ' आंनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- White Wings, Afit Riawan
- सोदोब, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- Disabled, Wilfred Owen
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)