M.D Dinesh Nair
THIS WINTER TOO IS NO DIFFERENT
This winter too, we can see
Will arrive like a dragon
With a thousand tooth sharp enough
To bite into the bones of the homeless.
This winter is no different
From his predecessor of 2012-13
Come November and we say fine things
About a life free from the heat of a hot past
That fled from us just for a while
And we see a milder Sun and Larger Moon in the sky.
But this winter too has his intentions strong.
This winter too, we can read
About the Siberian winged beauties
Flying unto our milder north India in hundreds
Where the homeless will fight with cold and frost
With the mist of an unknown December descending on them.
This winter will bring us tales miserable.
In Delhi and Jaipur and in Bhopal and Patna
We saw him raging like a bull with horns,
In Shimla and Indore and there in Kanpur and Jallandhar
We saw him brandishing his sword of fury and spite.
Thousands of homeless died and suffered to no end
With the destitutes and the strays lying frozen.
This winter too perhaps
Is going to arrive with a natural rhythm to his treat,
We poets may be lost in its 'pleasant' grip
And we may sleep under a blanket warm and forget the rest.
Let us spare a little time yet in anguish and concern
Over the hapless victims of this winter of reality...
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THIS WINTER TOO IS NO DIFFERENT by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 October 1838 – 1 July 1905)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- the spoken, oskar hansen
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher