You are ten thousand pieces in perfect symmetry
I am just about right there with some irregular ones
yet we mesh and melt in perfect unison
moving shuffling dancing doing thinking
with clockwork precision.
Each piece reflects a bigger you and my shadow
lurks comfortably behind watching as you
transform and translate everything to fit in snugly
balancing it all against the light.
We are soulmates, no questions asked
the answers lay in reflective puddles all around us
as we gather ourselves and ride the furnace
taking the sunlight into our twilight years!
We can't let the pieces fall out of place in this jigsaw
that came together unexpectedly from a blur
and formed into one gigantic whole.
If ever it came about that one little piece may
go missing, we know that the other can fill in
to complete the picture back into its photoframe
of the mantelpiece of our lives.
© Marshall Gass. All rights reserved,17 days ago
Marshall Gass's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Jigsaw...... by Marshall Gass )
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan