The Journey without shortcuts
The Journey traveled without shortcuts,
is a journey worth taking.
For there are no shortcuts,
to any place worth going.
The destination does not matter,
but the Journey to it does.
For at the destination,
you will not learn anything.
You will not accomplish much either.
On the Journey to it, however,
you learn many things,
and accomplish much.
On the Journey,
you learn. You learn that,
'We are not human beings on a spiritual journey,
but spiritual beings on a human journey.' (-my good friend Joe)
So travel hard,
and travel well.
Choose your companions wisely,
and leave everything behind.
Never look back,
always move forward.
For 'Yesterday is history,
and history is miles away.' (-Matthew West)
But never forget anything either,
learn all that you can,
and treasure the good times.
Then this Journey will be like no other.
This is the Journey,
Our life here on Earth,
so don't take shortcuts.
This Journey won't be easy,
but you have a guide.
The guide will never leave your side,
and he will carry you through the rough terrain.
He loves you more than you will ever know,
and he gave you this Journey,
so travel it while holding his hand.
You are not alone.
never look back,
but don't forget either,
and don't stop.
Don't take any shortcuts,
run the whole race.
You are not alone
on this Journey,
the Journey of life.
Melissa Wagner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Journey without shortcuts by Melissa Wagner )
- Starbucks, Tom Zart
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)