Obinna Kenechukwu Eruchie
The Joy from Water
Water, you send joy to my heart
To flow like an inspiring art
In the moment of fresh sunlight,
Given succour so sweet and bright.
Of what manner does your joy bring?
Flowing so that my heart did sing
Of the wind that came with splendour,
Wondrous in it to add colour.
Water, my heart is made calm as a dove
By your joy that comforts with love.
How it places my heart so good
That it does it with brightened mood.
Yet my heart truly shines with beams,
Dressed with pleasures more than sweet dreams.
Your water made it to feel higher
With life of so much deep desire.
Water, with vigour your joy heals
My heart so nicely that it feels.
So great that my heart now smiles deep
With warm rays of the sun to keep.
Obinna Kenechukwu Eruchie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Joy from Water by Obinna Kenechukwu Eruchie )
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A New Year, Electric Lady
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- N.D.F.B. Lai katna jau, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Ayandolu, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Unspoiled Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Surrender The Anguish, lingering stupor
- New Year 2015, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Serenity Of Air, lingering stupor
- Lovely flow, hasmukh amathalal
- 'A Peaceful New Year', Sossi Khachadourian
- Run Silent Run Deep, lingering stupor
- The Betrayal, Ahmad Husain