The Joys of Life
There are such awesome joys that are ours for the taking
even when it feels to us that our tender heart is breaking.
Just turn your head and raise your gaze to the sky above
so you may feel how soon the sadness is replaced by love.
The moment our spirit lifts a hint of a smile appears
to push aside the sorrow and gently dry our tears.
So now we see the process of our healing can begin
though we my have a lasting scar there is no pain within.
With our eyes wide open we see the beauty all around
wish we'd known how easy those miracles are found.
Question is why do we walk with our eyes shut tight,
all we have to do is raise them up to see the light.
The precious gifts that we receive with an open mind
just look at possibilities and the options we can find.
Are we really willing to just sit still while they pass by
I think I'll just grab all the joys that make my spirit fly.
Monica Partridge's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Joys of Life by Monica Partridge )
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
- Hold Your Zip, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Swans (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Parents need good parenting., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Without a Knife You Can Kill, Toshie Nohara
- Always under a shadow, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)