The King (Rise and Fall)
You would burn bright in the skies
Id Let my sun burst to dust
See the phoenix when it would rise
For its heart to combust.
And bring euphoria to rule the day
Upon the stage greatness stands
A million skies in space to stay
To paint the sky in orange strands.
The sun grand that would rise and fall
In the morning the crisp horizon grows
Draining darkness as it sprawls
Bitter daylight in skies it rose.
The king and bearer of the crown
Soon fall west to hand over to
The moonlit night then bow down
To rest in the glory that you once knew.
Rise and rise, in the morn
Fight off with flames come from the east
Birds chirp the song they've sung
Vibrant swipes, darkness ceased.
Golden is the castle thats now yours
Around green lands in acres too
Shining knight in your kingdom walls
Upon a hill, a patriotic flag flew.
In ore are the skies you overlook
This sky you reign in your might
Gone is the delving darkness you've took
To save the people from the night.
Andrew Lockley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The King (Rise and Fall) by Andrew Lockley )
- Steps Of Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 3, Frank Avon
- Being Enlightened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 2, Frank Avon
- Unanswerable 1, Frank Avon
- As wrong as right, Cee Bea
- Incense On Fire, sallam yassin
- The Canine, Justin Reamer
- Remaining In The Shadows, brandy taffner
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns