The leaves on the tree
The trees leaves fall slowly but as one leaf fallen the faster time goes.
Springs the time of new beginning when the trees and flowers are blooming like Daisys, Daffodils, clovers, and trees get they green coats. the pink blossom on trees which symbolize joy, love, kindness, and happiness. the Daffodils and daisy the yellows which represent gladness, freedom and friendship. clovers are a huge symbol of hope and good luck each leaf represents love, wealth, respect and health.
Summer this is a time for sun shine, it’s when people go on holiday, it’s when you get your lawn mower out of the shed, it’s when the leaves slowly start to fall off the trees. The light of sun lifting energy into everybody and everyone. the light on the grass, flowers, trees and waters making reflections, making views and making brightness. the lawn mower shredded the flowers into tiny, microscopic pieces.
Autumn colors the browns, greens, reds, the piles of leaves coving the land, the wind blowing the leaves around like a raging hurricane. A oak tree with branches with going in all different directions revving in and out of each obstacle in it way, the bough your family and relationship which you love, the under-branches your friends which you cherish, the leaves are our emotions which you cant control, the roots of the of tree is connection is between other trees, plants and way the get food and water like us human being. that’s just the tree of life.
Winter the time for celebration but... The trees are bare the flowers are nowhere to be seen just a spooky ghost town a creepy mysterious mystery - were did it all go? , then the snow carving though every structure you can think of making magnificent landscapes having building coved in white creating silence though out the world. Still the trees have no coats the flowers are not flowering they have disappeared into whiteness of the snow the trees just have a snow coats but no flowers, no freedom, no happiness and full of hopelessness just a spooky place we call home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The leaves on the tree by charlie birkett )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
Poem of the Day
- Retrace, Sunny Chopra
- Diversity-in-Unity*, Tushar Ray
- Nobody Home - 2. Passive Voice, Joseph Archer
- a written poem, animesh sapkota
- Nobody Home - 1. Forever We Roll, Joseph Archer
- Losing Interest, Dawson Walter Smith
- Thirteen Ways To Look at Flowers, Mason Liu
- Suicide, Michael P. McParland
- Man in the Moon, Diana Landry Bardsly
- Indian English Poetry: A Study In Scatte.., Bijay Kant Dubey