The Love of a Father
I met a Man today
Who this Man was He would not say.
Though I looked upon Him with familiarity
As He politely asked, “Will you walk with Me? ”
As we began our journey hand in hand
His peaceful presence transported me to a different land.
The cares of life have all melted away
My heart’s sorrows are forbidden to stay.
We continue on and it’s then I see
For this is no man, but my Father carrying me.
Those strong arms, those gentle eyes
“Why, Oh LORD, did I trade You for lies? ”
“Dear Child, you are Mine and I am yours,
Though you have chosen to go through many wrong doors.
You left Me behind a long time ago,
I have you back from that dark pit that kept you so low.
Let’s journey on side by side
Having no one else but Me as your guide.
Your past mistakes and failures on this earth cannot be undone
But when I look at you I only see My perfect Son.
Rest My dear Child for you soon will see
No one can love you like I do, I love you unconditionally.”
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Love of a Father by Shelley Sims )
- The Old Dane Gun, Tony Adah
- Rijles, Madrason writer
- Game On Us, Malaya Roses
- MATHS; Mental Attack To Healthy Students?, Anishka Singh
- ಕುಮಾರ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- The Lion Tamer - Extract from Phantasmag.., Matthew Lawler
- The Joy Of Christmas, Joseph Ogbonna
- Fearsome route, gajanan mishra
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1886 - 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)