The Love That Got Away
It happened a long time ago on a fateful day;
I foolishly gave my kiss away.
But, how could I ever resist-
His longing eyes, lips just waiting to be kissed. It was unexpected and so suddenly --
This love could never be - I was older than he.
Although the chemistry was there...
Other factors we'd have to bear. I knew right then I'd have to get away---
And I would be - the love that got away.
Many years have come and gone and gone.
But the memory of that sweet kiss lingers on and on. All through life I'd seen others in strife.
Who've not managed to do what was right.
Yes that sweet memory haunts me to this day.
But, it was right-to be-the love that got away.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Love That Got Away by B. Cacavas-Brumitt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Writing on the wall, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Poetry of Onkar Nath Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- So sorry, gajanan mishra
- My Dream Tonight, Wilfred Mellers
- To Joyce, Roger A. Rose
- Miriam's danse, Dimitri Khokhlov
- The harp players, Mark Heathcote
- Heil Britannia, Francie Lynch
- The Clouds Out Of An Aeroplane Window, Sambanath Denis
- I'm no less, Nassy Fesharaki