The Marriage of Dawn
Dawn dressed in darkness
Welcomes the lights of wedding
The day two hearts joining together
Two souls joining together
Bound by love.
A wedding is the entrance to a marriage
Stepping from a fairy tale carriage
Into quite ordinary air.
The realization comes,
Life is a beautiful dance
Requiring intense coordination.
The hearts are beating
Slightly faster than others,
Nervousness seeps through
For both the groom and the bride
Awaiting the great moment
Two selves, one life; two notes, one harmony
Loving not just one, but both of you.
Friends and family
In the wedding bliss
To wish them love
To wish them happiness
To wish them great future together.
We wish them to find
Joy is in the simple things
Like coming home knowing,
When your eyes meet and no words need to be said.
They already knew
Long before the sound of wedding bells
Love for each other till the very end
Still, we wish them love for each other till the very end.
So, let us listen to the sound of wedding bells
And join in the rhythm of joy
In the celebration of love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Marriage of Dawn by Yuvarani Sami )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1644 - 1694)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Salve, Cee Bea
- Quatrain number 5, Leong Ming Loong
- Bachelorette for Life, Donal Mahoney
- Engaged, Sarah Wiltshire
- The Call Of Two Trumpets, Tony Adah
- I sleep, gajanan mishra
- I Looked Up At The Sky And Didn't See You, Kyle Schlicher
- Quatrain number 4, Leong Ming Loong
- The world we are facing, Abby Sze
- Game of power, Funmilayo Adebimpe