The Me In Myself
There's a Me that whispers
Down the mind lobby
Perhaps its another
Staging such skillful tricks
Wherefore the heart shudders
Embraced in its fright
The Me or Another?
Breaks even the eyes
Tearing streams of empathy
Mind shackled in self pity
Wallowing what could've been
Save I relish living
Kissing the earth
The air embracing
Loving each moments
Life dares extend...
Me or another?
Why the rains?
Why the shines?
Why the comfort pain
And the broken smiles?
Seek Me yesterday
She bears much witness...
Past be the step towards today
Mourning her deprives much gain
Fret not for morrow
Reap the joys of the day
I will to bask in its sun
I hope to dance in its rains
The Me or another?
The Me in Myself!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Me In Myself by Jubril Balogun )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Remember, Anne Sexton
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Yes, I am emotional, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Perspective, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Let the music play on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Girl's Proposal, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Man, Katherina Palomo
- Move on, Edward Clapham
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget
- Out-of-body Experience, Colm Keenan
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz