The Melancholy Night
The melancholy night raises its dew
To the height one marries with justice;
For evenings are light like the sunny man
In his sunny tomb, with the summer's sun.
His grave is overturned when it is bright,
And darkness envelops the horizon-view;
Sinking will jeopardise a normal human-being
With the delightful caress of a madder man.
Can the nights of illness and resumption
Be a guide to the perfect way?
Surely the lies abate when rich in alcohol,
For those intoxicated are like godly helpers.
The meal of a thousand swans is in flight,
Yet the banquet we dine is the banquet of heaven.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Melancholy Night by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Changes change what?, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- You are an angel, salma. torrez
- Stillness, SALINI NAIR
- Cleared Of Negativity, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Silence breaker, SALINI NAIR
- I Died in My Dream Last Night, Monk E. Biz
- Jelousy, Karen Thornburg
- Knowledge with Wisdom, Joseph Narusiewicz
- voice of thee, binod bastola
- DREAMS, Philo Yan