M.D Dinesh Nair
THE MIND OF A WOMAN AND THREE OTHER THINGS
The old professor said,
'There are four things which you can`t understand ever,
They are: - the fortune of a man,
The mind of a woman,
The speed of a horse and direction of wind'.
We debated, but realised little.
We were practical and pro-feministic.
The old professor died
Leaving his words ever alive.
Four truths of a life time.
You call a man fortunate- you will see his end,
You bet on a strong horse- a frail one will win,
And you tell a woman, ' I can`t undersand you',
She will just smile at you and
The wind will go astray.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THE MIND OF A WOMAN AND THREE OTHER THINGS by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Oliver Wendell Holmes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Music, Walter de la Mare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- The Wanderer, Victor Kretzie
- Couplets on Life For The Musing Cynicals.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- salvation army, lee fones
- Bulbous red, GRANT FRASER
- Coming future, Luv Artem
- One Christmas Eve From The North...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Cream Dream Catharsis, Joseph Archer
- Public convienences, GRANT FRASER
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer