The Misty Fog Was in Her Hair
The misty fog was in her hair.
He could not find her anywhere.
Could not see through fog and mist.
He remembered her hair and when they kissed.
Her hair was wet as were her lips.
Cool on his face were her fingertips.
He held her close and heard her cry.
He wiped her tears to wipe them dry.
But the tears were mixed up with the damp.
Oh if he'd only had a lamp
He'd have kept it lit so he could see
her hair, her lips and all that he
Loved of her. But when the fog finally cleared
It was clearly evident that what he feared
dealt him a deadly, ghastly blow.
He never knew where she did go.
Now whenever the fog rolls in
he searches again just where she'd been.
But all he finds is fog and mist.
He'll never forget how they had kissed.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Misty Fog Was in Her Hair by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Battles I Win, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Life is No Playground, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Down The Peace Road (Kyrielle), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- With Poetry And My Sewing (Kyrielle Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- my friend my foundation, Emmanuel chibuike
- A Woman, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'm Glad That Miracle is You (Kyrielle P.., Cynthia BuhainBaello
- My Place, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Portrait of Life (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Anxiety, Aydia Thompson