Creasing pages with dried up wrinkles
dust mites moving across the page,
Words crowding inside the folds
are deteriorating as they age.
Words that were penned so long ago
from inside the writer's brain,
Oh that we could iron them out
so they would remain
intact with all of their meaning.
Instead, we have lost the best
of what we cannot see.
Was it humor, drama or satire?
Only the mite knows best.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE MITE by Edwina Reizer )
- RETURN TO LOVE, Meggie Gultiano
- Good life, John Mamhungaire
- Escalator of Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Stinch Binge, Joe Elmenhorst
- A New Day, Vera Sidhwa
- Vindictive Vaginas, Gianni Pansensoy
- Life, John Mamhungaire
- Secret Garden, Gary Hembree
- सांसो की ना जाने कहाँ रफ्तार गई?, Aftab Alam
- head for the hills!, Macy Dvirnak