Hail, rain, sweet rain, sleet and
Winds eastward, southward and,
Northward! see, gale-blown fig
Tree-dance! stay chair-fast, mick
O dear sleek cat feel big!
Rain-drain, rain-drain, rain-drain;
Drip-drop, drip-drop, drip-drop!
Sleek green, slick sheen! see, fig
Tree-prance! Sly cat, meek prig,
Leap down; brown cat, seek this!
Rain-drain, rain-drain, rain-drain
Drip- drop, drip-drop, drip-drop!
Peak-top gleam, slope-gleam and
Deep bourn! what mad rain at
Three-three! Rain-train chutes on
Steep knolls! Glee glee drops on
Roof-tops! wake now, fat mick,
O dear slick cat, too smug! .
Oliver .........'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THE MONSOON by Oliver ......... )
- Naked, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Control Freak, Chris Broast Broast
- Love Poison, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Mandatory, michael walkerjohn
- A Kiss for advice., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Sentence Bouquets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love's Voice, michael walkerjohn
- On My Way To River, Fatima Nusairat
- Encompassing Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pia Pium Sermo, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)