cheryl davis miller
The Moon's Present Woe
Moon has danced within Earth's orbit,
gliding by her through the night.
Watching her throughout the ages,
then beholds a woeful sight.
When up is down, and down is up;
in is out; and out is in,
good is bad; right always is wrong,
Earth falls in a mad tail-spin.
Close the door, turn down the madness,
for she can't take anymore!
Someone stop the Earth from trembling
please show mercy, I implore.
Fear she'll tilt right off her axis
if she is not lent a hand.
All this madness has her reeling.
Sigh; she does not understand.
Mens inhumanity to men
acted out in wars and strife.
Innocents caught up in madness,
never have a chance at life.
Raging Red; for blood is seeping,
someone, please stem the wounds flow.
Lest all's lost with no survivors.
Moon reflects, a wistful woe.
Cheryl Davis Miller 7/23/14
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Moon's Present Woe by cheryl davis miller )
- Psalm CXXXVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Thief, Pijush Biswas
- I Am playing, gajanan mishra
- Everyday Is a TEST, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- One Of These Pure Days, Naveed Akram
- Deepavali, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Even in strife, hasmukh amathalal
- ! DESECRATED POEMS/FLOATING HYPERLINK IN.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- In the midst of ruin there is reparation, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)