Lillian B. Rose
The Mosquito's last stand (late 2008)
The Mosquito's Last stand
You know what the mosquito
Said when it buzzed in your ear
“You look tasty, can I bring my buddies”
“ Come on just a little picknic.”
Do we have any of those candles?
Sorry and we're out of bug spray.
Maybe we should go inside
Yeah there's a whole group of them
But don't forget to turn on the bug zapper
“Ooo. Ahh. It's so pretty.”
“And it buzzes like we do.”
“wait I've heard there's
something wrong with those
“ so beautiful......” Zap.
The end of the mosquito
Lillian B. Rose's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Mosquito's last stand (late 2008) by Lillian B. Rose )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...