Lillian B. Rose
The sea, the sea: calling out to you and me
Waves rush in to caress the sand
Only to roll out again
The sea, the sea: calmness in its water
But in one fowl swoop
The calm has turned sour
The sea, the sea: breezes clear as day
Salty air meets our lips
Longer, will we stay?
The sea, the sea: soft sand beneath our feet
Breeze cooling our hot hands
One look at your eyes and I Know
The sea, the sea: our ally and friend
The seascape drawing us in
In triumph, two sweethearts together
Creating Minstrels in the sand.
Lillian B. Rose's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sea(1994-1995) by Lillian B. Rose )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...
- Goodbye 2014, Michael McParland
- Holding Moments In Cupped Hands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Beauty, Brianna Kimball
- Seminars, Mark Heathcote