The Oxymoron (Really Funny)
Oxymorons are 2 contradicting words,
Now tell me, isn't that absurd?
An example of this is virtual reality,
Is that possible or just a casual formality?
What about the living dead,
Am I just being a butt head?
Am I leading this into a fine mess?
Isn't this moment priceless?
Don't worry; the poem is nearly done,
I'm just having a bit of serious fun.
Am I truly a big baby?
Well, it's a definite maybe.
Well I'm going to give you a practice test,
Tell me now, who is the second best.
I thank God that I'm an Atheist,
Also thank Him that I am a cautious optimist.
Now I am all alone,
In my office that's also my home.
Eating my very bland spice,
Wasn't this poem awfully nice?
Devang Gandhi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Oxymoron (Really Funny) by Devang Gandhi )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- True Love, Michael P. McParland
- Solitudinarian, hafiz qasim
- The Secret, Hazel Durham
- MG CLUB, lee fones
- True Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Coma, Fabrizio Frosini
- Tribute To The Pet Shop Boys, Michael P. McParland
- Tribute To Freddie Mercury, Michael P. McParland
- Hail! The Coming Year, Anthony Di'anno
- Treat, Michael P. McParland