The peddler and the red scarf
In the sweepy narrow dusty road you sell candy
and I watch your beauty from afar.
I am scared of the street urchins.
My dear why don't you cover your face with a scarf.
Your laugh in a sweet manner is better than the candy.
I too a wanderer goes with the wind
and I sing few oldies on the street
with my old tambourine.
Hey! my black Mona Lisa if you don't shift
I'll promise you to bring a scarf tomorrow.
Yes, a red scarf my deceased poor mom's gift.
To the poetess Rebecca.Mbaye & Denis.Joe my poet friend who encourage me all the time.
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The peddler and the red scarf by nimal dunuhinga )
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- 신세계 대전오피 010↔5959↔1049 대전서구오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- The Empty Room, Maria Magdalena Biela
- Dream liner, Stephen Brian Brady
- peeping Tom, lee fones
- pension scheme, lee fones
- meri sohbat me........., sanjay kumar maurya
- Let me know, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)