Lawrence S. Pertillar
The Perpetuating Of Kept Foolish Delusions
Disrespecting to accept an expressed disbelief,
To leave it to go uninvestigated...
Has led to the perpetuating of kept foolish delusions,
That has allowed the presence of unavoidable madness...
An attention given as if a UFO has descended,
To 'awe' the sight of many today awakening to face,
A diminishing of what is believed to question its existence.
'WHERE did all of this confusion start?
And HOW did all of it go unnoticed for so long?
WHY are 'our' lives being bombarded by such conflict?
As if an enforcing mental combat endorses the struggle.'
~From your beliefs to disbelieve the reality of it.
And the refusing to admit its credibility.
Your mindset is being attacked by facts.~
'I can not fathom what is happening.~
Observing the others also 'fathomless',
Perhaps joining them...
Will provide all of you an explanation that is acceptable.
In the mean time that is 'now',
If I were you...I would not 'assume' vistory will be found,
Around the next corner.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Perpetuating Of Kept Foolish Delusions by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Devil's Darkness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where is justice?, gajanan mishra
- Silent Voices - Heartbroken Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Stumble And Fall, Maurice Rowlands
- Love others, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Go Back to May 1937, Sharon Olds
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 19, 1942)