I’ve heard the music of the piper
From where the faeries roam,
For it carries thro’ the woodlands
That stand behind my home.
So when the moon alights my casement,
After all the corn is sheaved,
Then adrift at night he takes me
To where mystical dreams are weaved.
Upon each note a spell is cast,
When this enigma plays his flute,
And all my thoughts are tranquil,
For the wicked world is mute.
O’ upon a breeze his songs are sent,
As his music takes to flight,
Thus enchantment comes a wafting
Thro’ the stillness of the night!
I’ve wandered in the woodlands
And followed with mine ear
To seek the enchanting piper
Who nightly calls me near;
Yet I know not who this spirit is,
Only glimpses do I see,
But the piper keeps on playing,
As tho’ playing just for me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Piper by Robert McCallum )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- COPLA CINCUENTA Y NUEVE: This Bad Guy Wo.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- When I say - sad, gajanan mishra
- season affair, jerome moore
- tussen het systeem, co the skipper
- Tomorrow, Suchoon Mo_
- Now and then, marriam anderson
- Black cat, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What is justice?, marriam anderson
- D Darkness …, marriam anderson
- محاولة تشكيلية لرسم بيروت, نزار قباني