In Hell the Devil he stirs his fiery pit
The flames are from the fire that he had lit
He laughs and he smiles as he watches that fire burn
More fuel from more souls is his only concern,
He watches the fire in glee as it reaches the sky
I wonder if to GOD in heaven, if the devil would cry
"I have souls in my pit, and they will fuel my fire"
"They came to me from their sins, and an earthly desire"
As man was given free choice and was told sin to resist
Now man is the reason that Hells fire still does exist
The Devil knows that his fire and flame is forever more"
All thanks to murderers, adulterers and even one whore
"So here I will stay", spoke the Devil from his fiery pit
"While man sins above me, him I will easily outwit."
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Pit by Randy McClave )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Liliana EL.
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Heart's In The Highlands, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Chaos Call, Arik Fletcher
- upon new year's, Ivana Valasik
- Double Jeopardy, David Lewis Paget
- Mining artwork narratives from Sydney Bi.., Danny Draper
- I want to change the language, Danny Draper
- Conference confinement, Danny Draper
- Lunch in the Art Gallery of NSW members .., Danny Draper
- Vulnerability, Valsa George
- Arbitrary (an acronym for beaurocracy), Danny Draper
- The Great Avarice Belief, Danny Draper