The Poem of Unrequited Love..with a twist
The love you speak of
You speak of acacias
and of the happy childhood
memories they bring you.
You compare me to those acacias
although by the time I met you
childhood was far gone.
You speak of their lovely scent on the breeze
and it fills your heart with such
longing and love
that I see tears come to your eyes.
You tell me that you no longer
have to see acacias for them to
bring you happiness.
You are happy simply because they are.
You tell me this is how you feel about me.
I am very quiet.
part of me optimistic; trying to soak in
and feel the love you are telling me-
part of me is pessimistic, in mourning-
knowing that i will never be able to feel this love.
Noemi Lee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Poem of Unrequited Love..with a twist by Noemi Lee )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender
- The Absorption(মগ্নতা), Bhaskar Rabha
- To My Daughters, Jason Callender
- Summer's Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- All Those Ancient Trees Sorrounded Home, Albert Martin
- Rebel with a Cause, Deborah Dalton
- Shroud Of Smile, Rex mayor Ubini
- You, Jacob macharia
- नायहरदोँ आं गसंनानै, Ronjoy Brahma
- Until I See You Again, Lilly Emery