The Poem That Perhaps Never Should Have Been Written
THE POEM THAT PERHAPS NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN WRITTEN
Not the poem of yesterday
Nor the poem of tomorrow
But the poem of today-
What gives life meaning now.
Not the poem as it is read
But the poem as it is written.
Not the certain poem
But the poem that does not know
If it truly is a poem.
The poem that gives hope only when it is written-
The lesser poem-
The poem that perhaps never should have been written.
The poem I am writing now,
Perhaps for myself alone
The lesser poem
The poem that perhaps should never have been at all.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Poem That Perhaps Never Should Have Been Written by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- In that unlikelihood, Mark Heathcote
- Blue ink, Donnie Wolff
- Tossing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Insanity, John Masaitis
- To My Juliet, Where The Chains Of Love a.., Captain Cur
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow