The summer spirit of the illustrious angel
warms the cold night of the northeast winter.
She wears a spring flower in her long golden hair
and her glow is as bright as an early autumn leaf.
She has a poetic soul;
one that’s deeply enriched
by her pipe dreams of eminent love and happiness.
Her virtuosic verses
are kindred to Paganani’s violin playing;
They can make the manliest of men cry
with the overwhelming beauty they possess.
With each passing poem,
she will gently massage your heart
and lay a tender kiss on it,
warming your insides like a log cabin fire place.
Her soft voice will put you on a ship,
that sail the seas of nirvana,
during which the evening sun
will set on the glistening waters.
After her reading,
you’ll feel rejuvenated,
like a child after its afternoon nap.
Maybe you’ll be inspired to put a pen to paper
and write an epic as well.
Michael Fischer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Poet by Michael Fischer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- ziel, co the skipper
- What You Given Me, Lilly Emery
- Just Open Your Eyes, Ronell Warren Alman
- Margarita, Margarita Kamal
- sometimes dead is better, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's a good thing we never were, Mandolyn Davidson
- Great And Noble Nations, David Harris
- i'm aging. it's in the script., Mandolyn Davidson
- tripping the alarm on a nightmare, Mandolyn Davidson
- Letters To Myself, Margarita Kamal