The summer spirit of the illustrious angel
warms the cold night of the northeast winter.
She wears a spring flower in her long golden hair
and her glow is as bright as an early autumn leaf.
She has a poetic soul;
one that’s deeply enriched
by her pipe dreams of eminent love and happiness.
Her virtuosic verses
are kindred to Paganani’s violin playing;
They can make the manliest of men cry
with the overwhelming beauty they possess.
With each passing poem,
she will gently massage your heart
and lay a tender kiss on it,
warming your insides like a log cabin fire place.
Her soft voice will put you on a ship,
that sail the seas of nirvana,
during which the evening sun
will set on the glistening waters.
After her reading,
you’ll feel rejuvenated,
like a child after its afternoon nap.
Maybe you’ll be inspired to put a pen to paper
and write an epic as well.
Michael Fischer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Poet by Michael Fischer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable
- A Tiny Black Spider, Daniel Brick
- Anticipation..., Dieter Ian Maree
- The Horrors of Hell, Luis Estable