Andrew D Robertson
The Power of Love
As I saw her laying there,
I began to weep.
Tears were flooding my face
For a reason I could not explain.
The darkness engulfed me
And I saw not but her beautiful face.
Then she smiled.
A smile so glamourous
That it drove the darkness away.
Then she was gone.
She dissappeared into the light
And was seen no more.
And in that instant,
I knew I witnessed a miracle:
The true power of love.
Andrew D Robertson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Power of Love by Andrew D Robertson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Poem of the Day
- Secretly Loving You, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Alone..., Alesia Leach
- Hunger is Here, Angell Afinowi
- Commencement of Spring, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- life never lived, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Reality to be face, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second