The recurring disease of mankind.
Before the actual war
There is a mental war.
During a war
There is a heavy mar.
Life is unsettled.
Man is undermined,
Fate is already written.
War is an artless, cadaverous theme.
In quest of avenge
A war is fought.
In quest of peace
A war is defended.
But the streams are still away,
The dales are hidden in volcanoes.
The gales are still at work
The aftermath is a spell bound silence.
War is an aggrandized thought, but a grave-yard.
Peace treaties finally reach dust bins,
Peace is not a signed document.
Peace is a mental state
That is defined beyond our agreement.
Before any war
There are tears.
After the war
The faces are not yet exuberant.
War is a wart, a recurring disease of mankind.
In-between sighs and tears
Can a war bring in peace?
Or restore our poise,
Our lost horizons?
Doesn't war only tear humanity to pieces?
To more divided thoughts?
To the production of refugees
and to a more disintegrating world?
Ravi Panamanna's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The recurring disease of mankind. by Ravi Panamanna )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- No More Education, Elius Rubby
- If It's Obvious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Five "Sayings" Set To Poetry .., Bri Edwards
- The Shadows of the dead., SAK Reddy
- A Fool Hides, Matthew Petranovich
- December 2014, Serenity Anderson
- On the outside looking In, Angell Afinowi
- Totally Connected, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Caged Bird, SAK Reddy
- A Deafness Too Excessive, Lawrence S. Pertillar