The Resaon I Was Born
If the world would ever end
Tomorrow in the morn,
I’d hold your hand and know
The reason I was born.
I was born to love you
With every beat of my heart.
And if the world just faded away
It could never tear us apart.
For we would travel far and beyond
From this world we know.
And take our love along with us
Wherever it is we go.
If the stars in the sky all went out
And darkened in the night.
The light of the love I feel for you
Would create its own sweet light.
For you my love came into my life
And made me feel complete.
So if the world could be no more
It still could not defeat
My purpose for living and loving you.
It doesn’t have that power.
For all things end and new things start
And in the world’s darkest hour
I’d feel your love and you’d feel mine
And I’d know that on that morn
It could never fade into nothing
For it’s the reason I was born.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Resaon I Was Born by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Late Night Dream, Jeffrey Lee
- Leaving The Campus, Think of I Taking To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom
- Prime Truth - 15, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To you there's an amazing kind of grace .., Gert Strydom
- wailay da peer, maqsood hasni
- wand da chanun, maqsood hasni
- This Is What You Do To Men, Mitchell Gonzalez