The Resaon I Was Born
If the world would ever end
Tomorrow in the morn,
I’d hold your hand and know
The reason I was born.
I was born to love you
With every beat of my heart.
And if the world just faded away
It could never tear us apart.
For we would travel far and beyond
From this world we know.
And take our love along with us
Wherever it is we go.
If the stars in the sky all went out
And darkened in the night.
The light of the love I feel for you
Would create its own sweet light.
For you my love came into my life
And made me feel complete.
So if the world could be no more
It still could not defeat
My purpose for living and loving you.
It doesn’t have that power.
For all things end and new things start
And in the world’s darkest hour
I’d feel your love and you’d feel mine
And I’d know that on that morn
It could never fade into nothing
For it’s the reason I was born.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Resaon I Was Born by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- DREAM OF PEACE, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Motion picture, daniel george
- Fallen, daniel george
- The Shadow Of The Wind., Tony Adah
- True Meaning Of Friendship Quote, thumper 786
- Seesaws المراجيح, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- World Leprosy Week, john tiong chunghoo
- Catch 22 on the Lake District hills., Dan Reynolds
- My Words, Fatima Nusairat
- Jesus And Gandhi: South And North Of Sam.., Saiom Shriver