The Resaon I Was Born
If the world would ever end
Tomorrow in the morn,
I’d hold your hand and know
The reason I was born.
I was born to love you
With every beat of my heart.
And if the world just faded away
It could never tear us apart.
For we would travel far and beyond
From this world we know.
And take our love along with us
Wherever it is we go.
If the stars in the sky all went out
And darkened in the night.
The light of the love I feel for you
Would create its own sweet light.
For you my love came into my life
And made me feel complete.
So if the world could be no more
It still could not defeat
My purpose for living and loving you.
It doesn’t have that power.
For all things end and new things start
And in the world’s darkest hour
I’d feel your love and you’d feel mine
And I’d know that on that morn
It could never fade into nothing
For it’s the reason I was born.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Resaon I Was Born by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Question of the Metaphysical Squirrel, Eugene Levich
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul