The Respectable People Who Lose Their Life
when they happen to get disrepute and strife,
will they submit when they confront their foe? No!
Similar to a stone pillar which may break
while excessive load is given on top of it,
Will it loosen itself and bend for the force? No!
The respectable people are as strong as stone pillar,
They never submit to their foe, but they may prefer
to die instead! They may not live as they lose honour!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'The respectable people never submit to their foe! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'moothurai'
மானம் இழந்து வாழாமை
உற்ற இடத்தில் உயிர்வழங்குந் தன்மையோர்
பற்றலரைக் கண்டாற் பணிவரோ - கற்றூண்
பிளந்திறுவ தல்லால் பெரும்பாரந் தாங்கின்
தளர்ந்து வளையுமோ தான்.6 – மூதுரை
Comments about this poem (The Respectable People Who Lose Their Life by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Suryakant Tripathi 'Nirala'
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)