The River Time
The river time, runs red like wine
From sinner's blood, both yours and mine.
The swelling pools are the Devil's tools
Used to drown the loveless fools.
The fast, the slow, the young and old,
Fall victim to its undertow.
The deadly tide that rushes by
Is filled with tears of truth and lies.
In it's red lagoon is certain doom
You'll be reborn in Death's cold womb.
For some rapid bends, you may well fend
But the Time will sink you in the end.
So heed the signs within this rhyme
No one out-swims the flow of Time.
Sara Stowell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The River Time by Sara Stowell )
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)