The Roads Of Life Keep Winding Up And Down
The roads of life keep winding up and down
They take us to obscurity and renown
It is a journey we must undertake
And along the way there's joy and there's heartbreak.
A journey that one day does have an end
Along the way we do make many a friend
And having said that here and there a foe
As on the road that leads through life we go.
Their road through life to fame some people lead
They are the people destined to succeed
Whilst many fame and fortune never know
For their life journey little they do show.
The journey through life at birth does begin
For baby who is born free of sin
But the innocence of youth is quickly lost
Survival instincts come at a great cost.
And the innocence we are born with erode
As we journey on along our great life's road
A new day and new challenge greets us at every bend
On our journey that one day must have an end.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Roads Of Life Keep Winding Up And Down by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Ojukwu biafra, gideon zerah ogbonna
- The streets of London, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Oh Dear, Phil Soar
- The Scultpure, Justin Reamer
- A Pirate's Tale, Phil Soar
- Why does it rain?, Hardik Vaidya
- The Hair(Haiku), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Compensation, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- love has a look and it looks a lot like us, Mandolyn ...
- The Cock(Haiku), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken