The Roads Of Life Keep Winding Up And Down
The roads of life keep winding up and down
They take us to obscurity and renown
It is a journey we must undertake
And along the way there's joy and there's heartbreak.
A journey that one day does have an end
Along the way we do make many a friend
And having said that here and there a foe
As on the road that leads through life we go.
Their road through life to fame some people lead
They are the people destined to succeed
Whilst many fame and fortune never know
For their life journey little they do show.
The journey through life at birth does begin
For baby who is born free of sin
But the innocence of youth is quickly lost
Survival instincts come at a great cost.
And the innocence we are born with erode
As we journey on along our great life's road
A new day and new challenge greets us at every bend
On our journey that one day must have an end.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Roads Of Life Keep Winding Up And Down by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Conspiracy Theorists, Saiom Shriver
- Let the hands help the eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- বৃদ্ধ বয়স, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Mama's Secret, Martina Moriarty
- Norway Whale Slaughter, Saiom Shriver
- Autumn to spring., David Boyce
- The Night that Never Comes, Olabode Famuyiwa
- Every twinkle is the twinkle of Star Buc.., Raymond Sawyer
- Ocean, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Haiku 'Market', miken newman
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)