The rose is often used to show
your affectionate love to that
someone special in your life.
The (R) in the word rose represents
The radiance of beauty of the rose.
For no flower can compare.
For you are like the rose my
love and compare to none.
The (O) represents the outstanding
depths of color of each petal of
the rose. It's like the outstanding
depths of color that sparkle in
your beautiful eyes.
The (S) represents the softness
of each petal of the rose.
For your lips are like the
petals of a rose, soft and sweet
to each kiss.
The (E) represents the everlasting
beauty of the rose, for the rose
soon fades and dies.
But the everlasting beauty of it
stays in the eye of your mind forever
for you are like the rose my
love, for your beauty is everlasting
neither fades nor dies in the
eyes of the one that loves you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rose by William Bean )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love It So, Edward Kofi Louis