The Rose as a Sign
The rose breaks
Off from its branch
And hits the cold ground.
The wind picks it up
And blows the rose
A great distance away.
The rose travels even
Farther as it is carried
On through its brillant journey.
The rose lands at a girls
Feet and is picked up.
The girl asked for a sign
To keep her from running
Away from home and
The rose was her sign to stay.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rose as a Sign by Tracey Owens )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Disagreeing With Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Outer Limits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Keep simply cool, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -31, Ronjoy Brahma
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma