Sally Plumb Plumb
The old goat sleeps
hunts in dream
some lover near,
snorts in woodland
the hills and plateaus
of his fears.
A cloven hoof?
Lifes ageing man.
a sexual dam.
Rivers run deep
when my man sleeps.
Sally Plumb Plumb's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Satyr by Sally Plumb Plumb )
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)