Far upon the rising waves
the rolling sea gives way
to sunset far, accomplishing
the end of restless day.
The life within the ocean
glides effortly; at peace.
A fading light of glowing sun
starts, quickly, to decrease.
The moon above the water,
the shine of twinkl'ng specks,
luminous and silent light
from countless stars reflect.
The sound of rolling power
from the crashing waves beneath
produces majesty and strength;
a deep, blue graceful heath.
And, as the grandeur of the sea
surrounds a calming mind,
the wind and salty air pass by;
while soul and Earth align.
Mandi June's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sea by Mandi June )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL