John Bliven Morin
The Searchers (part 1 of 2)
Bobby and his sister Mary
wanted so to see a fairy;
from babyhood their Mum retold
tales of the fairy-folk of old.
Finding such tales far from boring,
every chance, they went exploring
through the forest near their home,
these children would quite often roam.
Seeking under every leaf,
searching to sustain belief;
turning over rocks with care,
to see if any fairy's there.
Hedgehogs, rabbits, saw they clearly,
a passing fox sniffed at them queerly;
once they saw a full-grown hind,
but not one fairy could they find.
After a day of fruitless searching
tangled thickets, limping, lurching,
giving up were Bob and Mary;
thought they'd never find a fairy.
The day waned and darkness came,
and all the pathways looked the same;
lost, the children walked until
fatigued, they stopped upon a hill.
'I'm hungry, Bobby, and I'm scared, '
cried Mary and her brother cared;
he held her close while Mary wept,
until at last, the children slept.
John Bliven Morin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Searchers (part 1 of 2) by John Bliven Morin )
- Just before Midnight, Frank Avon
- I and I, Daniel Erdner
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)