The Season of Christmas
THE SEASON OF CHRISTMAS
Bright is the season of Christmas
As the snow settles white on the ground.
Frost sparkles rooftops and windows
Icicles dance all around.
Happy, the season of Christmas
As the sounds of good cheer fill the air.
Choirs sing the glad Christmas carols.
Laughter is heard everywhere.
There’s a fire waiting to warm us
As we dash in from the cold.
Trees wanting for tinsel,
Gifts needing bows.
Loving, the season of Christmas
As the folks find a way to be home
Joining the great celebration;
Jesus, the Christ child, is born
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Season of Christmas by Burne White )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip
- I Lost My Heart A Time Ago, Valerie Dohren
- The Fate Of Man, Tony Adah
- We The Paradox, Michelle Dragonfly
- To A Friend!, Sossi Khachadourian
- Dance of Death, Angela Khristin Brown
- This One Is For Andy, Adriana Avila