The Shining Moon And The Ending Love
Some wiped the dark spots in the moon with their tears
when they started loving love,
And some lived with memories of white lilies and dark fishes
when they started hating love,
he is the lonely barge shivering in the cold forlornness,
Waiting for the moon to be his beacon.
he is the bohemian locked in memories of dark evenings,
and haunted by the bewitching love of love,
like the dry riverbanks holding the memories of winter.
Akin the bird singing in the middle of the rain with yearning
and like the drenched grave wailing in hurting
the coward living with the dream of love has something to say
yes it is 'i love thee'
It is the hanging withered leaf in the dark oak,
It is the dazing wingless white butterfly,
yes it is the yonderly white pearl, it has something to say,
O! it is 'i hate thee'.
that the other side of the moon would be pearlescent someday
but he even knows thats never going to happen
because the other side of the moon is dark.....
And thats why 'he lives, in the dark and for the dark'
Mukesh Parmar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Shining Moon And The Ending Love by Mukesh Parmar )
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
- Gil Scott Heron, Daniel Karbon
- Headache, Daniel Karbon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson