The Shining Moon And The Ending Love
Some wiped the dark spots in the moon with their tears
when they started loving love,
And some lived with memories of white lilies and dark fishes
when they started hating love,
he is the lonely barge shivering in the cold forlornness,
Waiting for the moon to be his beacon.
he is the bohemian locked in memories of dark evenings,
and haunted by the bewitching love of love,
like the dry riverbanks holding the memories of winter.
Akin the bird singing in the middle of the rain with yearning
and like the drenched grave wailing in hurting
the coward living with the dream of love has something to say
yes it is 'i love thee'
It is the hanging withered leaf in the dark oak,
It is the dazing wingless white butterfly,
yes it is the yonderly white pearl, it has something to say,
O! it is 'i hate thee'.
that the other side of the moon would be pearlescent someday
but he even knows thats never going to happen
because the other side of the moon is dark.....
And thats why 'he lives, in the dark and for the dark'
Mukesh Parmar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Shining Moon And The Ending Love by Mukesh Parmar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Why are we here?, Sarah Ferguson
- Chocolate, Akhtar Jawad
- Lost child in my own home, Hudhaifah Siyad
- scale, Nisha K. Janine
- Truth stands, gajanan mishra
- If only it were from me my Love, Hudhaifah Siyad
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra