The Silent Rebel (baby!)
Rebellious, revolution, chaos!
I speak my words with elation, I sprinkle my words out like a confectioner sprinkle sugar on his cake.
And as I see my words fade away in the dough, just like stars on the night sky as the sun rises, they never fully vanish.
You are may not able to see them, but as you keep breathing air even though it's invisible, my words subsist.
I have few boundaries, and like the feral animals crossing the borders at night time, I slip through the obscure.
I paint the city red with V's, and while some speak the sounds I speak in silent voices, raising the banner of liberty and poetic license.
With my one hand raised in a peace sign, my other hand is a clenched fist, and I write down in ferocity.
The words I hope I one day are able to speak out loud I hide away in my drawer while I wish that everything once will breathe peace again.
Disengaging myself from mental slavery, none but I can free my mind,
I lay down in my autonomy, elevated in enthusiasm, and I fall asleep with a single, but yet powerful word on my lips; ¡libertad! ..
Fie KroC's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
And maybe the Israeli-Palestinian conflict..hmm.. people are fucked...
Anyways, hope you like it!
Oh, and while I wrote it I heard a psych. rock band called Weed, and their record was also called Weed..xD But very good.
And yeah I love spanish; that's why the last word...
Comments about this poem (The Silent Rebel (baby!) by Fie KroC )
- How can I tell the truth, gajanan mishra
- A Few Beautiful Poems for Whom, for What…, Hebert Logerie
- Flash trade, hasmukh amathalal
- I know no one besides my mother, gajanan mishra
- Her Front Door, Randy McClave
- Thankless animal, hasmukh amathalal
- Treat Me Right, Katherine Nordhaus
- A Call to the MinuteMen, Michael Stevens
- Romeos morning serenade climb, Mark Heathcote
- Screamers, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Surfer, Judith Wright
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All Day It Has Rained, Alun Lewis
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)