Arun P Gopalakrishnan
The Snake with Oily, Amber Skin
Black, blue and cat’s like eyes,
I've seen everything in wild wild nights,
Brown, black and wax-like skins,
Pressin’ against my skin like hot cross buns.
Flowin’ like honey in a tall beer glass,
Matchin’ the contours of an old hour glass,
Like an amber crystal through looking glass,
She sets you on fire, like pure jazz!
Glowin’ with tears, two blue eyes,
Are keepin’ me in a trance like two magnets,
Twistin’ around me like pole-dancers,
And winding around me like electric wires.
Looks, deadly, my heart skips a beat,
Gaze, electric, designed to paralyze,
Smile, lethal, just beyond words,
And the serpent coils around me in rainy nights.
Dancin’ in the light and hissin’ in the shadows,
Eyes piercin’ me, those laser- sharp arrows,
And caressin’ those wounds with mystical embraces,
We melt together, like two broken ice cubes.
Runnin’ in the rain when the night catches fire,
With the heart pumpin’ and the spirits gettin’ higher,
Feels like salvation in pure mountain air,
And exploding in my soul like Nirvana, here.
Arun P Gopalakrishnan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Snake with Oily, Amber Skin by Arun P Gopalakrishnan )
- Life is Nothing but Texture~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- How Is Your Life In The Matrix?, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- That bench is my dear., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
- Tomar charan dhuli, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)