The Strength of a Man
The strength of a man is his arms
that protect you and keep you warm.
It is his caring ways
of the affection that he displays.
The strength of a man is his intellectual
mind and the words that he uses with positive
It's his motivational words
that shines from his eyes.
The strength of a man is taking care of his
responsibilities without any hostility.
It's the love that he shares with respect to his
home and supporting his children until they can
do it on their own.
The strength of a man is his gentle touch that
pulls you near when you are shedding precious
It's his passionate warm heart
he romantically imparts.
The strength of a man is especially appealing
when he displays genuine feelings.
It's his humble soul he has to continually to love
when he is emotionally hurt as his feelings fight to stay
The strength of a man
is his loyal and sheer love to only one woman.
It's his true sense of ability of integrity to his mate
and the stability of love he can continuously create.
The strength of a man isn't the world's load he can
lift or how he can shift.
Instead it's the heavy burdens he can carry on and on...
(c) By: Naomi Johnson
Naomi Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Strength of a Man by Naomi Johnson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- If We Were Good......., Sandra Feldman
- Consolation, Tony Adah
- Goodnight Kiss, Michael P. McParland
- Marshes Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave