The Strength of a Man
The strength of a man is his arms
that protect you and keep you warm.
It is his caring ways
of the affection that he displays.
The strength of a man is his intellectual
mind and the words that he uses with positive
It's his motivational words
that shines from his eyes.
The strength of a man is taking care of his
responsibilities without any hostility.
It's the love that he shares with respect to his
home and supporting his children until they can
do it on their own.
The strength of a man is his gentle touch that
pulls you near when you are shedding precious
It's his passionate warm heart
he romantically imparts.
The strength of a man is especially appealing
when he displays genuine feelings.
It's his humble soul he has to continually to love
when he is emotionally hurt as his feelings fight to stay
The strength of a man
is his loyal and sheer love to only one woman.
It's his true sense of ability of integrity to his mate
and the stability of love he can continuously create.
The strength of a man isn't the world's load he can
lift or how he can shift.
Instead it's the heavy burdens he can carry on and on...
(c) By: Naomi Johnson
Naomi Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Strength of a Man by Naomi Johnson )
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Read all the narratives, Mark Heathcote
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate