I found love not within my race
but in another ethnic place
who put a shine of love upon my face.
The love we share does not define the color of our skin
it‘s an emotional love that was created from within.
Our hearts have been filled with lasting emotion from
the Creator above this allows us to see unconditional
I would not have found a mate
like you being exceptionally great.
I am glad we did not allow the racist hate
to separate our minds
for we have created a special bind.
We are an idol that exemplifies a love that has no
limitations or stagnation.
Whenever we hold each other close
our hearts exchange warm affection.
That gives us a strong love connection
we have for one another which is a wonderful treasure
of lasting pleasure.
I am pleased that we are together
and our love will be forever.
Naomi Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Interracial Love by Naomi Johnson )
- Silhouette, Bradley Flowers
- Lines Written under the Picture of Miss .., Robert Burns
- Venetian Candy, John Updike
- Sylvander to Clarinda, Robert Burns
- The Lady, PAUL COLVIN
- From ' The Holy Roode', Sir John Davies
- Tao in the Yankee Stadium Bleachers, John Updike
- Epigram on Dr. Babington's looks, Robert Burns
- Lament for James, Earl of Glencairn, Robert Burns
- From 'The Triumph of Death', Sir John Davies
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1924 - 2000)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)