The Strongest Always Rule
One cannot say that an animal in any way can be cruel
For in the animal kingdom the strongest always rule
And in their law unlike our law there is no wrong or right
The ruler always the biggest the one with the biggest bite.
Because she had killed a baby possum the fellow beat his cat
Though she could not have known the difference between a possum and a rat
To her it was just a smaller creature and on it she could prey
And beating her will never changes her from her natural way.
She may be well fed and cared for and she may be sleek and fat
And she may purr beside you by the fireplace on the mat
But the desire to kill smaller creatures is always in the cat
In her the instincts of the predator and nothing can change that.
He beat his cat for killing a baby possum but the cat's a beast of prey
And she is a natural predator and she'll always be that way
And one cannot say that an animal in any way can be cruel
For in the animal kingdom the strongest always rule.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Strongest Always Rule by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Select to Reject, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- mo jibana bipadare, gajanan mishra
- Intent and Endowment, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Gracing land, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My life is in danger, gajanan mishra
- Reading Monet At Midnight, mary douglas
- vo na jane kya samajh tha.., Kamar Alam
- Refugees, Hardik Vaidya
- My Faberge Egg Is Hatching Little Stars, mary douglas
- Languages, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..