Debra Kay Robinson
The Tapestry of Life
Hidden within the spectrum of invisible light
A fabric is woven
By threads of pure energy
Through the binding of molecules, chemicals and small electrical charges
Undetectable by the strongest of microscopes.
Threads of energy powerful enough to attract—
To create and build—
Or devastate and destroy.
It's really a matter of choice
And at times the pure strength of one's will.
Energy that serves as the foundation
To all words…
Love and hate—
Or the politically correct "strongly dislike"
A Pandora's Box?
Every now and then-
We have seen things we never wanted to see
Or should ever hope to be seen.
As attested to in the stories of the far-reaching consequences of Adam and Eve
When "Because I said so"
Really should be enough!
We have enjoyed adventures, realities and experiences—
Once nothing more than dreams
Or distant places.
The final product,
Yet to be determined.
But it is a fabric that we all have a stake in weaving
One stitch at a time
Individual patterns and color selections.
The interlacing of seams
Occasionally in need of a seam ripper
Slowly being brought into existence.
For better or worse
The tapestry of life.
Debra Kay Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tapestry of Life by Debra Kay Robinson )
- tempt, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Sasha said, Nassy Fesharaki
- With A Lifting Of My Leg, Is It Poetry
- Doom and Gloom, Nweke Emmanuel
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
- Restoring Common Sense, douglas scotney
- The Treat, Glen Eker
- A Man In Time, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Alchemists, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)