Debra Kay Robinson
The Tapestry of Life
Hidden within the spectrum of invisible light
A fabric is woven
By threads of pure energy
Through the binding of molecules, chemicals and small electrical charges
Undetectable by the strongest of microscopes.
Threads of energy powerful enough to attract—
To create and build—
Or devastate and destroy.
It's really a matter of choice
And at times the pure strength of one's will.
Energy that serves as the foundation
To all words…
Love and hate—
Or the politically correct "strongly dislike"
A Pandora's Box?
Every now and then-
We have seen things we never wanted to see
Or should ever hope to be seen.
As attested to in the stories of the far-reaching consequences of Adam and Eve
When "Because I said so"
Really should be enough!
We have enjoyed adventures, realities and experiences—
Once nothing more than dreams
Or distant places.
The final product,
Yet to be determined.
But it is a fabric that we all have a stake in weaving
One stitch at a time
Individual patterns and color selections.
The interlacing of seams
Occasionally in need of a seam ripper
Slowly being brought into existence.
For better or worse
The tapestry of life.
Debra Kay Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tapestry of Life by Debra Kay Robinson )
- Who can Love You More than Me?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You have Made Me Yours, Md. Ziaul Haque
- हाबाब सना, हाबाब मैना, Ronjoy Brahma
- When I will not be Here…, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I VISIT MYSELF, ROCHISH MON
- Water Can Speak!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The Eye-Catcher, Naveed Khalid
- It's Shakespeare [Sheikspeare] not Sexpe.., Md. Ziaul Haque
- Magician, Naveed Khalid
- snow, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)