Debra Kay Robinson
The Tapestry of Life
Hidden within the spectrum of invisible light
A fabric is woven
By threads of pure energy
Through the binding of molecules, chemicals and small electrical charges
Undetectable by the strongest of microscopes.
Threads of energy powerful enough to attract—
To create and build—
Or devastate and destroy.
It's really a matter of choice
And at times the pure strength of one's will.
Energy that serves as the foundation
To all words…
Love and hate—
Or the politically correct "strongly dislike"
A Pandora's Box?
Every now and then-
We have seen things we never wanted to see
Or should ever hope to be seen.
As attested to in the stories of the far-reaching consequences of Adam and Eve
When "Because I said so"
Really should be enough!
We have enjoyed adventures, realities and experiences—
Once nothing more than dreams
Or distant places.
The final product,
Yet to be determined.
But it is a fabric that we all have a stake in weaving
One stitch at a time
Individual patterns and color selections.
The interlacing of seams
Occasionally in need of a seam ripper
Slowly being brought into existence.
For better or worse
The tapestry of life.
Debra Kay Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tapestry of Life by Debra Kay Robinson )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Michael P. McParland
(31 March 1933 - 13 December 1980)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Out Of The Dark, Michael P. McParland
- The war inside me, Lubinda Lubinda
- Our Night 2, Michael P. McParland
- Our Night, Michael P. McParland
- OSU Force, Michael P. McParland
- Imagine, The Astronomer
- Only You, Michael P. McParland
- Only One Forever, Michael P. McParland
- One More Chance, Michael P. McParland
- One In A Million, Michael P. McParland